The 20 Best Michelada Recipes
May 04, 2015
If you're looking for the right drink to celebrate a Mexican holiday or want to improve your beer mixology skills, then look no further than the classic Mexican michelada. We've included a list of the top 20 michelada recipes, along with the steps to a simple version of the recipe below. What's a Michelada? The michelada is a Mexican cerveza preparada, or beer cocktail, in which the most basic version of the drink calls for Mexican lager, lime juice, and salt. The more involved versions of the recipe can include tomato juice, hot sauce, clam juice, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, orange juice and fresh peppers. If You're a Homebrewer: Want to make a crisp michelada from start to finish? Brew your own Fresco Chile Lime Beer to give your michelada a very distinct and spicy zip. The heat from the easy-to-brew Fresco Chile Lime Beer Recipe will kick your michelada into high-gear. Food Pairing: Pair your finished michelada with carne asada for a perfect meal. We highly recommend using the Fresco Chile Lime Beer as a marinade ingredient for flank steak or skirt steak, as per the recommendation of a Mr. Beer community homebrewer. Without Further Ado, Mr. Beer presents the...
TOP 20 ULIMATE MICHELADA RECIPES
1. THE SPICY MICHELADASpoon Fork Bacon shows you how to make the essential and complete spicy michelada. Don't mistake this classic michelada to be basic, because it's anything but.
2. THE SPICY CILANTRO-LIME MICHELADAFake Food Free shows you how to make the Spicy Cilantro-Lime Michelada, full of fresh, spicy flavor.
3. THE "COCKY ROOSTER" SRIRACHELADA
GQ shows you how to make an Asian-inspired "Cocky Rooster" michelada with sriracha. Better known as a "srirachelada".
4. THE DARK CHIPOTLE MICHELADATablespoon shows you how to make a dark michelada with chiptole hot sauce. It will be love at first sip for dark beer fans.
5. THE BLACKBERRY MICHELADAThe Latin Kitchen shows you how to make a sweet blackberry michelada. Consider this your desser.
6. THE MANGO SHRUB MICHELADA
The 10th Kitchen shows you how to make an awesome mango shrub beer margarita.
7. THE THAI RAMA MICHELADAThe Latin Kitchen shows you how to make a cool, refreshing Thai-inspired Michelada.
8. THE SMOKED TOMATO MICHELADA POPSICLE COCKTAIL
Dine Design shows you how to cool off in the best way with the Smoked Tomato Michelada Popsicle Cocktail. This treat will serve well in summer months.
9. THE MICHELADA CON CAMARONES
Saveur shows you how to turn the michelada into a meal, with the michelada con camarones, or "michelada with shrimp".
10. THE MICHELADA CON TEQUILA Y SANGRITAmichelada with tequila and sangrita.
11. THE SRIRACHA BLOODY BEER WITH CHILI SUGAR BACONThe Beeroness shows you how to make a savory, sweet and overall decadent bacon michelada using ingredients like spanish olive brine, horseradish, sriracha and brown sugar.
12. THE TEQUILA CASA DRAGONES BLANCO COCKTAILCasa Dragones shows you how to perfectly fuse liquor, beer, agave and tomatillo in the Tequila Casa Dragones Blanco Cocktail, created by an award-winning mixologist.
13. THE BLOODY ROMANLiquor.com shows you celebrity chef Chris Cosentino's spin on the "bloody michelada". This spicy, beer-based cocktail includes shucked, liquor-reserved oysters and is recommended for the more advanced mixologist.
14. THE PINEAPPLE MICHELADAImbibe Magazine shows you how to make a pineapple michelada, a tropical spin on the Mexican classic.
15. THE CLAMATO MICHELADALife & Food shows you how to make a clamato michelada with cucumbers, beef jerky, Japanese peanuts and churritos.
16. THE "PUESTO'S RED" MICHELADAKitchen Konfidence shows you how to make the red michelada, brought to you by a Mexican restaurant called Puesto. Puesto's signature michelada includes orange juice to give it a distinct, refreshing flavor.
17. THE SPICY BITTER MICHELADAFeed Me Dearly shows you how to make a texterous, spicy bitter michelada with kumoto tomatoes.
18. THE 'CHELADAMuy Bueno shows you how to make a milder version of the michelada. Skip the heat and make a 'chelada.
19. THE BLOOD ORANGE MICHELADAReal Food Honestly shows you how to make a decadent and different blood orange michelada.
20. THE SIMPLE MICHELADA RECIPECan't decide which recipe to use? We've chosen a simple one for you, brought to you by Honestly Yum. Ingredients:
- 1 bottle of home brewed Mexican cerveza (Fresco Chile Lime Beer or another Aztec Mexican Cerveza recipe)
- 1 ounce of lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of chile de árbol powder
- Coarse sea salt
- Chile de árbol powder
- 1 lime wedge