FastFerment 3G Conical Fermenter
FastFerment makes it easy to brew and clean with a 6" removable screw top lid. At 3 US Gallons, the FastFerment is made for 2 US Gallon batches with blow offs. It has a flat-bottomed collection ball for yeast harvesting - you can save $100's & harvest your yeast strains! In addition. Accessories including a small stand and extra collection balls are available.
Following the success of their 7.9-gallon fermenter, FastFerment has designed a smaller fermenter that offers the same advantages for 3-gallon brewing. The smaller size is perfect for making 1 and 2 gallon batches with plenty of headroom for beer with even the most aggressive fermentation. Shaped to imitate the conical fermenters seen in breweries. The high-quality HDPE plastic is lightweight, translucent and much less expensive than its stainless-steel counterparts, while delivering the same benefits. The design reduces exposure of the brew to oxygen so you can consistently produce high-quality batches of beer and wine.
The wide top makes adding ingredients and cleaning this fermenter easy. The collector at the bottom allows sediment to gradually fall, so that you can perform both primary and secondary fermentation in the same unit. There is no need to spend the time and effort required to transfer to another bucket or carboy. You will also not need to clean and sanitize more than one container. This saves significant time, effort, and space. You can even harvest the yeast for use in future brews.
Another feature new to the 3-gallon fermenter is that the stand is included, and replacement 4 oz. or 8 oz. glass mason jar collectors can easily be purchased from a variety of retailers. Fully assembled, with the airlock included, the unit is 11” wide and 26” tall.
Guaranteed to produce better quality and consistent batches with less hassle for a lifetime of brewing!
Contents and Specifications:
- 3G food grade HDPE conical fermenter
- Union valve – 3/4” with coupling
- Hose barb – 3/8”
- Mason jar – 4 oz.
- Mason jar adaptor & gasket
- Metal stand – 11”w x 15”h
- 3-pc. Airlock
- Plumber’s tape
- Bottling hose – 3/8” x 12”
- Hose clamp
- 6” screw top lid and gasket
- FastFerment Instruction manual - REFER TO INSTRUCTIONS TAB AT TOP RIGHT FOR MR. BEER (HME) BREWING
FAST FERMENT BREWING WITH MR. BEER EXTRACT - INSTRUCTIONS
Note: If you are brewing with a Mr. Beer recipe that calls for Muslin Hop Sacks, be sure to leave them out of the brewing process. They can clog your FastFerment.
- Remove the yeast packet from under the lid of the can of Brewing Extract, then place the unopened can in hot tap water.
- Using the cleaned measuring cup, pour 4 cups of water into your 3-quart or larger pot. If Booster Pack is included, add slowly while stirring into cool water until dissolved. Bring water to a boil, and then remove from heat.
- Open the can of brewing extract and pour it into the boiled water. Stir until thoroughly mixed. This mixture is called “wort”.
- With the bottom valve all the way open, fill the fermenter with cold, refrigerated water to the 1-gallon mark. TIP: For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water between 40° - 60°F.
- Pour the hot wort into the fermenter, and then bring the total volume of the fermenter to the 2-gallon mark by adding more cold water. Mix vigorously with the spoon or whisk.
- Sprinkle the entire yeast packet into the fermenter (do NOT stir), then screw on the lid and attach the airlock. Fill the airlock with water up to the line.
- After 5 days, close the valve and remove the collection jar from fermenter. Discard the sediment (called “trub”) from the jar, then clean and sanitize ONLY the glass jar in boiling water for a few minutes and replace onto the fermenter. The valve, coupling and mason jar adaptor cannot be put in boiling water and must be sanitized using a sanitizer. Open the valve allowing the jar to fill with beer and continue the fermentation period.
- Once you are ready to bottle, close the valve and remove the collection jar from fermenter. The contents of the jar, which will mostly be yeast, can be discarded or saved to ferment a future batch. If saved, put a lid on the jar and refrigerate right away until use. This yeast may be used for up to 4 weeks after refrigeration.
- After removing the jar, screw on the barbed hose adapter with 3.8” hose attached for bottling or kegging. You will use this hose to transfer your beer into bottles or kegs for carbonation.
To reuse your harvested yeast, simply pitch into your next batch by pouring the contents from the collection jar into the fermenter when it calls for yeast.
- Horse's Ass Starter Kit with 3G FastFerment$49.95 Regular Price $69.95